SHIFT6m Camera can no longer focus

Status
This thread has been solved! Go to solution…

jvronline

Mar 7, 2018
Hi,

Out of the blue (since Friday) my rear camera stopped focusing. I tried different settings, rebooted my phone and tried different apps and cleaned the camera but nothing worked. See attached picture.
Can you please help?686
I have a shift 6M and have the latest updates.

Kind Regards,
Jesse

jvronline

Mar 7, 2018
I'm considering to buy a different phone. My camera doesn't work and I get zero response from support.

Marc Endriß

Jun 25, 2018
Gerät(e) / Device(s)
SHIFT6m
I've the same problem, but sometimes (nearly never) the Focus is okay... I've tried to fix the problem with the solution of this thread, but nothing changed. After installing a new camera app it worked well for some shots and then got bad again. Is it possible that there is a software/calibration problem? And if not (so it is a hardware problem) @support is it mandatory to send the Phone to you for warranty purpose or can i order a new camera module without any costs for me?

jvronline

Mar 7, 2018
I've the same problem, but sometimes (nearly never) the Focus is okay... I've tried to fix the problem with the solution of this thread, but nothing changed. After installing a new camera app it worked well for some shots and then got bad again. Is it possible that there is a software/calibration problem? And if not (so it is a hardware problem) @support is it mandatory to send the Phone to you for warranty purpose or can i order a new camera module without any costs for me?
Can you try something for me? When you open the camera, switch to front camera and switch back to rear camera. Can you focus after that?

Marc Endriß

Jun 25, 2018
Gerät(e) / Device(s)
SHIFT6m
Can you try something for me? When you open the camera, switch to front camera and switch back to rear camera. Can you focus after that?
No it did not change after switching to front and back camera again. Did this work on your shift6m?

jvronline

Mar 7, 2018
No it did not change after switching to front and back camera again. Did this work on your shift6m?
Did you send an email to support? They will request you to send your camera module and they will return a new one. Make sure you follow up on your ticket so that you get the support you need.

Marc Endriß

Jun 25, 2018
Gerät(e) / Device(s)
SHIFT6m
Did you send an email to support? They will request you to send your camera module and they will return a new one. Make sure you follow up on your ticket so that you get the support you need.
Okay thanks... I hoped that there would be an easier way to solve the problem.

mufti

Aug 8, 2019
Gerät(e) / Device(s)
SHIFT6m
I have the very same problem, but the fix mentioned above didn't fix it. Any other suggestions?

Status
This thread has been solved! Go to solution…