GPS doesn't work well anymore after update

Marc Endriß

Original poster
25 Juni 2018
After the last update there are heavy troubles with GPS. I can't navigate anymore and with GPS test I can't get a fix. Bluetooth and Spotify works now very well, but without GPS ist unusable again for me.

Hello. What kind of problems do you have exactly. Please give more detailed feedback.

On my 6m the position point (blue point) in Google Maps will loose the calibration data after some day (2 to 3); so it will show wrong directions and such things and needs new calibration.

The calibration is well and therefore the direction is completely okay and precise. But it doesn't get (enough) satellites in a satisfying strength. Because of that it doesn't get a fix anymore. Even in outside conditions on the free field it doesn't work.
In the car (on high speed) ist even worse of course.

I've tested with that GPSTest app on my phone. It is really confusing what I'll see there. Russian and Chinese satelites, but no European. And I get different information about Google Maps and this GPSTest. After calibrating the Phone via Google Maps function it looks much better. I will see how long this will be stable.

But to your problem: It looks like that your Phone has problem with the GPS module. Do you restart (and taken off the accu) your phone after the update? If not, give it a try.

I've already tried the typical reboot which didn't help. Now I tried the accu too, which I forgot. Thanks for that hint. ;) But unfortunately nothing changed. The strange thing is, that I have very short unstable 3D fixes sometimes. Therefore and because it came with the Software update I doubt a hardware problem. Hopefully the developmers can fix it or have further ideas.

Hello again. When the problems are part of the update I'll think that more people will have this problem.

One idea I'll have but not tested for myself: Manual re-installation of the last update. Don't know, if it's possible, but should be because its a computer.

One idea I'll have but not tested for myself: Manual re-installation of the last update. Don't know, if it's possible, but should be because its a computer.
Um eine ältere Version zu installieren, muß das Shift immer geflasht werden. Im Forum unter Ressourcen auf die gewünschte Version gehen, anschließend auf 'Spoiler Flashtool Package' gehen, dann öffnet sich ein Menü mit der Flashtool.zip-Datei.

To install an older Version you always need to flash your shiftphone: Forum > Ressources > select OS-Version > Spoiler Flashtool Package > ...Flashtool.zip