Installing MultiROM // Custom recovery

crystalnet

Original poster
Beta Tester
25 Dezember 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install MultiROM on my new Shift 6mq. MultiROM requires an unlocked bootloader (done), flashing the installer (zip file) and flashing the custom recovery image.

PROBLEM: I'm stuck at flashing the installer, which is a ZIP file to the phone.

WHAT I TRIED SO FAR
1. The installation instructions use TWRP, which is to my knowledge not available for Shiftphones (esp. for my 6mq since it's running Android 10 and TWRP does not fully support this OS).
2. The as-is recovery image has several options: "Apply update from SD card" fails because I don't have one. "mount /system" fails with "Failed to open '/dev/block/dm-0': No such file or directory"
3. I've tried the "Apply update from ADB" option in the as-is recovery image, then I used adb sideload multirom.zip, this fails with status 2 "Signature verification failed, error: 21".
4. I tried fastboot flash multirom.zip but this doesn't work and returns "cannot determine image filename for 'multirom.zip'"

Do you guys have any more ideas?

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Let it stay?Honestly, there are no custom roms at the moment so multirom really doesn't make sense. Not even as a proof of concept. Unless you want an expensive paperweight 🤷🏼
Greetz

Thanks for the quick answers.

My idea was actually to install the ShiftOS L and G version in parallel to have a fallback if some functionality won't work with the L version.

And it seems I've missed that it's only for the Poco F1. Thanks for pointing that out. A pity this isn't available for other phones...