Muss ich die Display-Einheit immer zusammen mit Panzerglas tauschen?

MartinKA

Original poster
3 Juli 2018
Meinem Shift 6m hat auf dem Display-Einheit einen schwachen Sprung, von rechts nach links bis an die Ränder reicht. Jetzt überlege ich, die Display-Einheit zu tauschen. In diesem Zusammenhang frage ich mich, ob ich das alte Panzerglas wieder verwenden kann oder ob ich ein Neues mit bestelle. Möglicherweise ist das alte Panzerglas nicht mehr problemlos zu wiederzuverwenden.
Kann ich die Display-Einheit tauschen und problemlos das alte Panzerglas wiederverwenden?

Ich kann nur meine gefühlsmäßige Meinung dazu äußern, da ich das Panzerglas bisher noch nicht wechseln mußte.

Ich würde annehmen, daß Du es kein zweites Mal wiederverwenden kannst, denn auf den Unterseite des Glases ist Kleber aufgebracht, sonst würde es ja nicht auf dem Display halten. Wenn Du das Panzerglas abnimmst wird es vermutlich schwer sein, Staub von dort fernzuhalten, da zwischen dem Display welchseln und der Neuanbringung des Glases einige Zeit vertreichen wird.

Das Installations-Video hatte ich mir noch einmal angeschaut und ich meine zwischen den Zeilen eine Bestätigung für meine These zu sehen:

URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBH3GIF4tI

Alternativ kannst Du es natürlich erst einmal mit dem Anbringen des alten Panzerglases versuchen.
Die moderaten Versandkosten in Höhe von 1,45 € für ein neues Panzerglas sind sicherlich verkraftbar.

Auf dem Panzerglas ist ein Kleber, der dann nicht mehr hält. Der verschmiert auf dem Panzerglas und das ist wohl nicht ganz leicht zu reinigen. detlefr hat das in einem Video demonstriert (shiftphone supporters bei youtube).

Wenn dieses Video hier gemeint ist, dann ist klar, dass es nicht funktioniert, wenn die Klebefolie komplett abgezogen wurde. Wenns ohne gehen würde, wäre wahrscheinlich ab Werk keine drauf.
Ich denke, wenn man das Panzerglas behutsam vom alten Display löst - ohne die Klebefolie zu beschädigen -, und die Oberfläche vom neuen Display sauber ist und man zügig arbeitet um Luftstaubanhaftung zu vermeiden, hat man gute Voraussetzungen das alte Panzerglas weiterverwenden zu können. Meistens gelingt ja auch ein zweiter Versuch, wenn beim Ersten das Panzerglas nicht ganz gerade aufgesetzt wurde und nochmal abgezogen wird.

Hab das Video jetzt nicht ganz gesehen, aber bei seinen Versuchen ohne Klebe-Folie hätte er zumindest noch über Kapillarkraft/Adhäsion mit einem Tropfen z.B. Wasser rumprobieren können. Haftet dann ganz gut, lässt sich aber leicht verschieben. Das wäre also nur eine Hoffnung in Verbindung mit dem Bumper, der das Panzerglas am Verschieben hindern würde.
Noch eine Möglichkeit ohne Klebefolie wäre zu versuchen, das Panzerglas elektrostatisch aufzuladen.

Reaktionen: blackcat
Meinem Shift 6m hat auf dem Display-Einheit einen schwachen Sprung, von rechts nach links bis an die Ränder reicht.

Nochmal explizit danach gefragt, weil es mir merkwürdig vorkommt: Bist du wirklich sicher, dass der Sprung im Display-Glas ist, und nicht doch lediglich im Panzerglas? Hast du es schonmal am Sprung leicht abgelöst und den Sprung wirklich im Display gesehen? Ich kann aus eigener Erfahrung sagen, nochmal ganz genau hinzuschauen lohnt sich.

Reaktionen: Martin S.
I don't understand this, like my LG V20 has Gorilla glass directly building in I think and after 4-5 years it still looks new without a scratch. How does it function differently on the Shift phones? Why would one need to change the Gorilla Glass? Like ... is it not strong enough to keep without getting scratches?

dearly regards
- Darkijah

-edit-
The Gorilla glass is not directly on the phone itself? It's a second part you need to put on or is there already a Gorilla glass on it when you receive it? Somewhat confused here :/

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sorry, @JesusGod-Pope666, English is not my mother tongue, so I use a translation program.

The original question was:
On the Display unit my Shift 6m has a weak jump, from right to left to the edges. Now I consider to change the display unit. In this context I wonder if I can use the old bulletproof glass again or if I order a new one. Maybe the old bulletproof glass cannot be reused without problems.
Can I replace the display unit and reuse the old bulletproof glass without problems?

The display was damaged and the question arose whether the bulletproof glass (gorilla glass) could be used again on the new display.

Yes, the Gorilla glass is a second element that is placed on the display of the Smartphone.

[I hope that I had not misunderstood anything :) ]

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ohh, okay ... Well, you know if you get the phone with the Gorilla glass on or if one needs to fix it for them self?

So the display itself is not a Gorilla glass, I guess my LG V20, has a Gorilla glass on top by default of the display ... Although I do not know.

Not sure I myself would try to reuse it, dust and all collecting and what not? But have absolutely no experience with it. But It's not something that is so expensive is it? I would not even know how to take if off the screen itself, like if it is glued, and all ... I would think that a new glass might be the way to go, just to be on the safe side and it's not that expensive either is it? If you going to buy a new screen or display I would just as well buy a new Gorilla glass to use with it.

Ohhh my ... well, google translation of that video is not the best ... Seems I need to prepare myself for fixing this Gorilla Glas, my my my .... No idea what the tape was for, I could not decipher that from the video.
But I think I understood like 75% of it. From the middle and out when you put it on. I really hate such things, hopefully I will do it correct :p

In your profile you did not specify which shiftphone it should be, but when I look around in the store, the bulletproof (Gorilla) glass costs - no matter which model - 9€ plus shipping

Personally, I would refrain from reusing it and prefer to use a new bulletproof (Gorilla) glass.

Would it not be smarter to put the mobile on something that is softer then the table when you put the glass on? Like I'm thinking if one wants to protect the camera glass. Not sure which phone Carsten does it with, I guess all the versions of Shift have this way of fixing the panser glass although the 2 former phones did not have the camera bumping out like the Shift 6mq.

I wish I knew more German, this might become a problem - in regards of information. But hopefully it will work out for the better. But I would agree, get a new Gorilla glass for your new display - no reason to maybe get into issues with using the old and messing thing up. I'm pretty much just terrified of just needing to fix a new one when my mobile comes around. I'll really need to prepare myself as to the best of my ability before trying doing it - I really don't wanna do something wrong. :p

So for my understanding the cameras are outside the protection of the bullet-proof (Gorilla) glass...

Can someone explain me what he is saying about the Tape and the water? Something about the Glass, but not sure what he using it for. Air bubbles or something? Or dust or.... I can't get it from googles translation.

So for my understanding the cameras are outside the protection of the bullet-proof (Gorilla) glass...

I think we are missing each other by the barrier of our tongues. But yea, I wonder what kind of Glass is used for the Camera by default as it is sticking out of the new version and not like the 2 former versions. I really don't know why Mobile makers do this, as they could just make the battery bigger and yet have protection for the Camera so it is not the first thing that hit when you lay down your phone.
My LG V20 I have this plastic cover with a 6400mAh battery and it is perfect to bulk out beyond the Camera and thereby protecting it.

My LG V20 really got some scratches on the Camera Glass when it was not protected by anything, very sad and bad design of the Mobile designers.

I have it installed;)
Ich habe es installiert;)
Perfect -> Perfekt"
Worüber spricht Carsten in Bezug auf das Band und das Wasser in dem Video? Bei Luftbeschwerden oder so, Staub vielleicht?
The bulletproof glass should be pressed from the center - outwards - so that the air has the possibility to escape to the outside.
(the explaining of the wather is not so important (for my thinking) - only when there ist al little 'air bubble' under the glass (my words, not from a translation program))

@deWolf What I don't understand is how to use the water or the tabe. But hopefully I will have no need of it. I did understand the principle of going from center to outside :) Going to be the worst thing when I receive the mobile, getting started :p But hopefully everything goes smoothly, at least I can get a little prepared already.

@deWolf Was ich nicht verstehe, ist, wie man das Wasser oder den Tisch benutzt. Aber hoffentlich brauche ich es nicht. Ich habe das Prinzip verstanden, von der Mitte nach außen zu gehen :) Es wird das Schlimmste sein, wenn ich das Handy bekomme, anzufangen :p Aber hoffentlich geht alles glatt, zumindest kann ich mich schon ein wenig vorbereiten.

My LG V20 really got some scratches on the Camera Glass when it was not protected by anything, very sad and bad design of the Mobile designers.
I don't know if you can really "say it like that". I could imagine that if the bulletproof glass should protrude over the camera lens, this could have an effect on the image quality. :)