Questions about 6m

Hakimouse

Original poster
Beta Tester
2 September 2020
Hello,

I have some questions to decide about buying shiftphone 6m (comparing with fairphone) and to be sure that I understood. No answer from the support so asking here. Maybe usefull for other people

- How long is the warranty and what exaclty does it include ?
- Possible return in case of problem at the beginning ?
- Will you make tutoriels in other languages then german and when ?
- If you make improvements on some pieces, for example the camera, will you sell it ? In other words, will the 6m be enough good in 2-3 years ?

Thank you very much people

Hello @Hakimouse ,
i just saw that your e-mail has already been answered by our support team.
But you are right, maybe this information is helpful for several people. Sorry that our answer took a little longer, we are of course glad that you are interested in SHIFT6m.

In Germany there is a warranty by law of 2 years. In addition, we as the manufacturer offer a voluntary guarantee for one year as well. You will find a lot of information about it on the internet. There is also a right of revocation for online ordered stuff. You have the right to cancel the contract within fourteen days. The revocation period is fourteen days from the day the device is delivered. We do not know yet when we will be able to offer the videos and tutorials in English.
We are a small team and are currently still focusing on the German market.

Each SHIFTPHONE comes with a USB-C-cable with USB-C adapter, a black bumper, a clear screen protector glass, the device deposit certificate and a screwdriver (Torx T3).

The main goal of modularity is reparability.
An "upgrade" of individual modules to a newer, better hardware component is what we'd love to offer.
We can't guarantee yet if this will work in the future. There are a lot of factors and questions that we don't have in our hands.

We offer a light version (L) for our current SHIFTPHONES (SHIFT6m and SHIFT5me).
The L-version is a google-free alternative to the standard android (ShiftOS G-Version), which you can install on your SHIFT yourself.
We offer this version in our forum ( https://forum.shiftphones.com/threads/beta-vorabversionen-von-shiftos-und-shift-legacy.1419/).
The installation instructions are just available in german as well. :/

Our support is mainly in german - all of the repair-videos, websites, etc. are in german. We're building an english support as well but it will still need some time.
We're giving our best in english as well - but we're a small company in the middle of germany (and don't have any native english speakers right now).
I hope icould still answer some of your questions.

Best wishes, Nina.