How can I install Lineage os on my shift 5me ? (English Speaking only)

Hi Guys ive bought one of your phone recently (great product so far) and I d like to install last version of Lineage Os on it.

I have downloaded boot.img and system.img on this webpage https://forum.shiftphones.com/threads/lineageos-15-1-android-8-1.1950/.

As iam not super techy and as I can't find explanations in English I would need your help for the next steps please.
I dont understand! The first post from the thread you downloaded the images from includes the instructions in english! Is anything wrong with them? I can not give detailed help as I don't own such a device, but from the instructions the essence seems to be flashing the images and reboot.

Thanks for all your reply.

Here are the instructions from the 1st post of the thread:

• Download the latest build (fastboot *.img files or .zip package) ===> So this is the files ive downloaded i guess called boot.img and system.img
  • If this is you first Lineage flash, download vendor.img from the first build and flash it ===> Where can i find vendor.img ? How do i flash it ? What is the first Build ???
  • .zip => Reboot to recovery, use adb sideload <path_to_zip> ==> Don't get a word except that i ve downloaded ADB...
  • .img => Reboot to bootloader, use fastboot flash <partition> <partition>.img ===> Same don't get a word except that ive downloaded an app to fastboot
  • Reboot ==> How do I reboot ?
This may sound super idiot and it may actually be haha but please be nice and explain me !

Thanks in advance.

• if this is you first Lineage flash, download vendor.img from the first build and flash it ===> Where can i find vendor.img ? How do i flash it ? What is the first Build ???
From the links provided in the first post. The first one includes vendor.img
  • .zip => Reboot to recovery, use adb sideload <path_to_zip> ==> Don't get a word except that i ve downloaded ADB...
  • .img => Reboot to bootloader, use fastboot flash <partition> <partition>.img ===> Same don't get a word except that ive downloaded an app to fastboot
  • Reboot ==> How do I reboot ?
If you are not familiar with all that I am not sure you should do this.
There is a lot of information about how to use adb and fastboot on the net (Example here but you have find the sections relevant for you). Sorry don't have a lot of time atm.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Reaktionen: Martin S.
Iam not familiar but iam willing to learn.

Your link seem very noob friendly, iam gonna check it out and will come back if i got questions.

Thanks a lot Martin.

Reaktionen: danielp
Hey i did it !!

Here are the steps for non german speakers and newbie:

1. Install Adb&Fastboot on your computer:

2. Download vendor.img

3. Download boot.img and system.img

4. Install Lineage

Here is the syntax to enter in adb through consol (Windows) or terminal(Mac):

(if you use mac you need to put ./ in front of all the commands)

fastboot getvar current-slot
>>> [slot]

fastboot devices
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot format userdata
fastboot erase boot_[slot]
fastboot erase system_[slot]
fastboot erase vendor_[slot]
fastboot flash boot_[slot] /path_to/boot.img
fastboot flash system_[slot] /path_to/system.img
fastboot flash vendor_[slot] /path_to/vendor.img
fastboot reboot