SHIFT6m new SOS L and future update support

vulpide

Original poster
Beta Tester
14 Oktober 2021
Hi there,
I am a SHIFT6m user and I am currently running SHIFT OS 2.0 L (Android 8.1.0) of October 13 2021.

1. Is there any new SOS L release for SHIFT6m? Surely new security update should be released.
  2. Android is currently on version 12, there will be new Android version released for SHIFT6m?
Finding information on the forum is strongly hard since unluckily I don't understand german.
Look forward for your kind answer, thanks.

Every new release you will find pinned here in the ShiftOS and the Beta subforum. So this is what is available now. Shift is working on Updates and for OS-L for sure there will be future updates, at least security updates. There is no time frame when updates will be available. So it is best to check here or on the phone using the Updater App.

Every new release you will find pinned here in the ShiftOS and the Beta subforum. So this is what is available now. Shift is working on Updates and for OS-L for sure there will be future updates, at least security updates. There is no time frame when updates will be available. So it is best to check here or on the phone using the Updater App.
So I have to assume that the latest Shift OS L release update for SHIFT6m is the once from October 2021?
I was also asking if there is a plan for newer Android version instead of the 8.

Also, I see the latest version in the Beta repository comes from 2020, what am I missing? Source: https://builds.shiftphones.com/ShiftOS-L/BETA/

So I have to assume that the latest Shift OS L release update for SHIFT6m is the once from October 2021?
Yes! This is the current one.
I was also asking if there is a plan for newer Android version instead of the 8.
Yes there is! No ETA though!
Also, I see the latest version in the Beta repository comes from 2020, what am I missing? Source: https://builds.shiftphones.com/ShiftOS-L/BETA/
You are missing that the location for the builds has changed! They are now here respectively here. Just look at the links from the release threads in the sub-forums I have mentioned.

We plan to release a new version within the next two weeks, based on 8.1.

In parallel we are also working on newer Android versions but are not satisfied with the overall quality of them yet, so this needs more work, as we need to write a lot of drivers and HALs from scratch as well as do upgrades to newer kernel versions (targetting 5.10 as of now, but plan to actually add mainline support for it), though this is a very time consuming progress.