Cannot move large files to SD card/USB for file transfer

nobody from nowhere

Original poster
Beta Tester
17 Dezember 2021
Hello,

I'm using a SHIFT5me with ShiftOS.2.0.L.20211013. I'm using an SD card (16 GB) as external storage, but I'm having trouble moving large files (> 6 GB). Trying to copy this fails around 60% when trying to copy from the internal storage. If I try to transfer from my computer, a dialogue box never shows up and the file does not copy. Smaller files (< 1 GB) have no trouble copying with either method. Additionally, viewing the files on my phone via my computer tends to show outdated file information (shows files in old locations after moving or does not show new files).

Any ideas here? Thanks!

It the SD card is formatted with the FAT filesystem it only supports files up to 4GB. Don't know if this version of ShiftOS supports exFAT. If yes you have to re-format the card to exFAT.

Ah, okay, thank you! Did a bit of digging in the forum and it looks like exFAT is currently only available in 3.6 L for SHIFT6mq. Hopefully the next SHIFT5me "L" version also supports exFAT?

Dunno about the usb file transfer protocol/outdated file info issue though. Tried updating my usb/android drivers on my computer but unfortuantely this didn't help. Didn't see any info about this in the forum but maybe I missed something?

I think it could work as well for Shift5me and Shift6m. The Release Notes of ShiftOS.1.3.G which is already available for manual installation includes "updated" exFAT drivers. ExFAT should be available for OS-G and OS-L. However I did not read something about L yet. Did you try re-formatting the card to test?