Delivery 6M

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.
D

Deleted member 1066

Original poster
I almost dont dare to ask but will the official release of the 6M come today with the shipment of the first phones? Will the phone be reviewed by different youtube reviewers?

Ok as in the last blog post mentioned the delivery would be end of April. I'm very patient for this phone but of course it would be good to inform the community with the new release date.

Sorry, i think,i missunderstood you. If you preordered the 6m, you will be informed. The 6m will be delivered in may. The blog is up to date. But i thougt you ment today.
What do you ment with reviews at youtube?

Thank you for your feedback. I pre-ordered the phone early February. I expected an announcement that shipping has started (I'm excited) as a kick-off signal ;)

Reviews on youtube could be from unboxing to full reviews of the phone. Let's hope some of the first users will do that ;)

Have a look here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0_LfYGVXWlE
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMnhsoj4LQ

maybe that is something you are looking for.

I'd love to have videos from independent bloggers who basically test the device and give their opinion about it. The suggested links are nice, but they don't give me the information I need.

Besides: In The Blog is written that the delivery should start end of april. The mentioned deadline is past and there is still no news via the website...
If you really want to prevent customers to send requests per mail, you should communicate proactive.

On my side, I'm getting a little impatient for the phone. Getting no heads up concerning the delivery is quite frustrating.

alben post_id=10358 time=1525337716 user_id=2209 schrieb:
Besides: In The Blog is written that the delivery should start end of april. The mentioned deadline is past and there is still no news via the website...
If you really want to prevent customers to send requests per mail, you should communicate proactive.

On my side, I'm getting a little impatient for the phone. Getting no heads up concerning the delivery is quite frustrating.

Same here!

They made a little update on social media. They say the countdown is going:

https://www.facebook.com/shiftphones/

Shiftphone, can you please inform us when the phones will be send out to the first users? We don't think the end of April announcement was accurate unless we are wrong? Thanks

In this post they said that they started delivery more than a week ago: www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1051182391700064&id=303774093107568&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

DrownLies post_id=10458 time=1526169689 user_id=2193 schrieb:
In this post they said that they started delivery more than a week ago: www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1051182391700064&id=303774093107568&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

If this was the case and the delivery started end april, why aren't there any reviews or tests about this device in the internet (except those made by shiftphone)?

Honestly, I am disappointed about the information/communication-politics which Shiftphone put in place in the past and how they keep doing the same sh*$t over and over again.

I'd totaly comprehend if they would communicate any delay on delivery, as long as they communicate openly about it.
But communictaing not at all (except some FB-posts with unrelevant content and little impact in social media) is creating mistrust.

In fact, if there is no accurate, reliable information about the deliverystatus of the 6m I'll cancel with regret my order by end of the week...

As I said, the delivery indeed didn't start end April but ruffly a week ago, according to their Facebook post.

Concerning the communication: I am empathetic to you. I am disappointed by it as well, but you have to take into account that they are a small and young family business and have to manage their resources in a different way than big companies.

Lastly, concerning the lack of independent reviews: I'd like to point out that the number of people allready possessing the 6m, likely is still low. Potentially still below 2000. Comparable smartphones have a different pace of delivery after release.

Before rethinking your purchase you can ask the support for the exact expected day of shipment for your 6m.

DrownLies post_id=10464 time=1526300306 user_id=2193 schrieb:
As I said, the delivery indeed didn't start end April but ruffly a week ago, according to their Facebook post.

Concerning the communication: I am empathetic to you. I am disappointed by it as well, but you have to take into account that they are a small and young family business and have to manage their resources in a different way than big companies.

Lastly, concerning the lack of independent reviews: I'd like to point out that the number of people allready possessing the 6m, likely is still low. Potentially still below 2000. Comparable smartphones have a different pace of delivery after release.

I know that they don't have the manpower as big companies do, but there are some things that are not ok in the way they communicate:
1. They are stating in the blog that they are slowed down by email-requests through customers and that we should not bother the team by writting them mails concerning the delivery-status - which I can fully understand - but there are no relevant information transmitted by Shiftphone via mass-communication-channels like FaceBook or their own blog/website.
2. They are posting irrelevant information on social networks to stay in the newsfeed of their followers. So they put an effort in communication, which can lead to the conclusion that they want to destract from the delay delivering the 6m.
3. If they really would already deliver devices, they would try profiting from the good news. In order to do so, they would rather try using influencer to post something about their new device then deliverying the first 20 devices to the "average-guy". This would also reduce their effort needed for publicity in short-, mid- and longterm.
4. There are requests for updates in this forum for about 2 weeks. The Forum is even hosted by Shiftphone itself but there is still no official answer.

So I conclude that, in place of communicating openly, they use their (precious) time to draw the attention of their followers away from the 6m.

In my opinion they should communicate openly and count on the empathy and understanding of their supporters that creating a good product is in fact a hard struggle with lots of step backs.

But concealing information is IMO destroying the community they try to create.
So I hope that you understand, that I am not frustrated waiting for my device but that I am disappointed by their communication.

Da muß ich dir leider recht geben
Wen es sich verzögert aus welchem Grund auch immer wäre es doch ratsamer es offen zu äußeren mann wäre zwar kurz enttäuscht aber mann wüsste woran mann ist und würde nicht laufend im Netz schauen ob es schon was neues gibt, den das nervt dann gewaltig wenn mann nichts findet.
Ich bin bestimmt keiner der etwas sofort haben muß auch wenn ich schon 3 Wochen kein handy mehr habe.
Aber trotzdem weiß ich eigendlich schon gerne woran ich bin.

There is a new facebook post from shiftphones https://www.facebook.com/shiftphones (Thank you for the update!!)

SHIFTPHONES hat 3 neue Fotos hinzugefügt.
14 Std. ·

Liebe SHIFT-Community. In den vergangenen Wochen kam des Öfteren der Wunsch nach mehr Infos zu Produktion und Versandprozess des SHIFT6m. Wir kommen dem gerne nach, verweisen aber auch auf den Hinweis, dass wir aus Kapazitätsgründen Facebook nicht als Supportplattform nutzen möchten. Hier informieren wir primär über Veranstaltungen und Ereignisse aus dem SHIFT-Umfeld. Konkretere Einblicke findet ihr in unserem Newsletter, direkte Anfragen zu Bestellungen liefert unser Support herzlich gerne per Mail. Wir nehmen dich im Folgenden aber gerne mit hinein, wie es um das SHIFT6m steht.

Unser SHIFT6m hat uns in den letzten Monaten besonders stark begeistert. (Foto Team mit SHIFT6m) Seit die ersten finalen Prototypen bei uns eingetroffen sind, haben wir optimiert, Lieferverzögerungen von Zulieferern ausgeglichen, eine wunderschön nachhaltige Verpackung designt, Printmaterialien entworfen und den Versand vorbereitet. Ein großes Dankeschön an unsere Mitarbeiter. Jeder Einzelne aus unserem Team, hier in Deutschland und in China, hat sich ins Zeug gelegt, sein Fachwissen eingebracht und Herzblut investiert. Sicherlich kennst du die Vorfreude, wenn du dir richtig viel Mühe mit einer Sache gegeben hast, nur um einen dir geschätzten Menschen damit eine Freude machen zu wollen. Genau so geht es uns hier im SHIFT-Office.

Für ganz dringende Fälle haben wir die ersten SHIFT6m ausgeliefert. Primär an Kunden und Kundinnen, denen beispielsweise eine lange Auslandsreise bevorsteht. Diese haben ihr SHIFT6m aus einer Vorproduktion erhalten, noch ohne finale Verpackung und mit Akku und Ladekabel aus der Vorserienproduktion. Wir versuchen gerade einige dieser Kunden zu erreichen und sie zu bitten, ihre ersten Eindrücke zum SHIFT6m zu posten, damit du bereits erste Erfahrungsberichte lesen kannst. Viele unserer Kunden nutzen allerdings kein Facebook. Wir tun was wir können.

Aktuell arbeiten wir an weiteren Kleinserien, die wir mit den bereits produzierten Komponenten bestücken können. Nach wie vor arbeiten wir intensiv daran, dass bis Mitte Juni alle SHIFT6m-Bestellungen ausgeliefert werden können. Wir sind euch sehr dankbar für eure Unterstützung, euer Vertrauen und eure Geduld. Ohne euch wäre das hier alles nicht möglich und wir glauben daran, dass das was wir gemeinsam mit euch und unseren SHIFTPHONES bewegen, eine wichtige Veränderung für die Produktion technologischer Produkte bedeutet.

Sorry for the lack of communication, we are going to improve this in future.
It is hard to find a balance between transparency and what you are actually allowed to say without causing damage.

For example if i say "We start shipping monday" but because of a delay we could not account for (is it delayed shipment of components or whatever) we do not satisfy this deadline, then everyone will be upset "you promised us monday!" so previous communications were a bit conservative with what we are telling to the public.

But as said earlier, we really try to improve there and apologies if it troubled anyone.

At least from a software point of view i am here for questions, answers, anything that comes to your mind (I am a ShiftOS developer and deeply in touch with the Chinese software development team) and what i can tell so far, i have just built the final software image for the assembly stage, so the software at least is not a blocker :)

Reaktionen: alben
Thank you amartinz for your statement.

I tell my collegues in support to steadily inform our customers: "You dont need to solve their problems instant, just tell them, that we contact them tomorrow if everything is on plan, otherwise we will give a status update - at best with a cause ('why' we cant follow the plan) and at worst just give another date, when we will do something.."

Like someone said here, we feel with you, because most people know how difficult those production-things are and under what pressure and even challenges shifphones stand. And from what I have seen, the people here are patient.
And I think there are no mean thoughts about shifphone because of the delay - I mean, every big software company delays it's start of the "shiny new software version XYZ" somehow - that's normal I think, because you as a company want to satisfy the customers needs, but can't magically solve all problems that appear on the last meters :)

so again, thank you for your effort

Reaktionen: amartinz
Sorry for the lack of communication, we are going to improve this in future.
It is hard to find a balance between transparency and what you are actually allowed to say without causing damage.

For example if i say "We start shipping monday" but because of a delay we could not account for (is it delayed shipment of components or whatever) we do not satisfy this deadline, then everyone will be upset "you promised us monday!" so previous communications were a bit conservative with what we are telling to the public.

But as said earlier, we really try to improve there and apologies if it troubled anyone.

At least from a software point of view i am here for questions, answers, anything that comes to your mind (I am a ShiftOS developer and deeply in touch with the Chinese software development team) and what i can tell so far, i have just built the final software image for the assembly stage, so the software at least is not a blocker :)

Hi amartinz

First of all:
Thank you for the info amartinz!
I am very glad to get some information. :) I can't tell how relieving it is to finally get some trustworthy news (FB posts and shiny pictures aren't news in my eyes).

Just to warn you - this is definitley getting off-topic (Delivery 6m) but I still judge it important to explain my point of view:

I can fully understand your concerns related to releasing premature information or making false promisses and the consequences linked to that.
You are right that selling predictions (It is planned that we receive parts on monday) as facts (we receive parts on monday) can create misestimations and disappointment on the customer side.

But in my eye this is exactly what happened:
1. 13/04/2018: The announcement:
"Die Auslieferung startet Ende April!" ( https://www.shiftphones.com/shift6m-auslieferung-ab-ende-april/ )
The announcement includes the info that asking for information slows down the team which are responsible to deliver the goods.
2. Nothing happens after this announcement.
3. Customers start asking and nothing happens. Due to the request not to slow down the team, they only start asking because they are already frustrated.
4. 03/05/2018: Post on FB (not trustworthy) with update concerning the delivery. ( https://www.facebook.com/shiftphone...774093107568/1051182238366746/?type=3&theater )
5. Nothing happens.
6. Customer start asking and for two more weeks, there are no reliable information.

So you see that the error you wanted to avoid has been commited twice within a month and created a loss of trust and frustration.
For me, Shiftphone could clearly have anticipated this development.

How?
Shiftphone as a company uses a businessmodel which requires its customers to put money on the desk long before getting the product they paid for. The customer awaits that the money he paid in advanced is handled with responsibility. Therefore Shiftphone needs to build a trustworthy relationship to its customers based on equal communication-levels.

The important thing: the trust has to be on both directions.

That means that Shiftphone needs to have trust in its customers too.
So please don't fear to be judged because there are delays with the parts. This is quite normal for small productions.
Your customers in general don't want their product right away, if the product is linked to a preorder-phase (okay, it's getting close after waiting for 3 months... ;)).
If they wanted something directly, they would go to a shop and buy a f*$k!ng Samsung or whatsoever.
So you see, that you should be able to count on the patience of your customers.
But please don't put your customers trust at risk by misleading information or a lack of communication.

I hope you can read this in a constructive way.
It is hard to find a company which produces a solid phone without trying only to maximize the profit.

Please keep doing your work!

Best regards
alben

Reaktionen: amartinz
Thanks alben,

I totally agree with you and i will forward that to our support and communications team.
Also i did already bring up the FB post in question, which says both "we are going to" and "we have already".

Thanks again for all the feedback! :)

Reaktionen: Deleted member 1066
Hi dear Shift-Team,

I am asking myself if everyone who pre-ordered the 6m will get it in June.
It seams that the first big wave (~700 pieces) is out and I'm not under the recipients. (I've ordered the 5pro)
It's not a problem at all but later in July I want to be on a longer vacation. I need a better smartphone at this time and I want to set it up before I leave Germany.
As I don't want to delay everything I'm asking here in the Forum, so that other people, with similar questions, about the actual state, will get an answer, too.

->So what is the current state?

Yours sincerely,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Users who have ordered the 5+/5pro need to contact support to let them know they want a 6m instead of a 6mq.

I have forwarded your case internally, if you have ordered with the same email as you have registered here on this forum, you will get contacted.
Otherwise, please contact the support to let them know you want a 6m :)

I got my shift 6m today. thank you very much (I ordered end of january 2018). will get my hands on at the weekend

Awesome!

That said, i am going to close this thread for organization purposes.

If there are any other questions, critics or whatever, please open a new thread.

Thanks to everyone! :)

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.