Errors after flashing 4.2 - my phone is a brick

pwesth

Original poster
11 November 2017
After flashing, my 4.2 is unresponsive as a brick.

The phone froze while downloading some mp3 files to the phone. I tried to remove the battery and reboot. It booted, but froze again with just a shift logo on the screen.

I tried to do a factory reset, but this did not help. The phone still booted, but displayed nothing more than a a shift logo.

So, I decided to flash it according to the instructions at http://de.shiftphones.com/wiki/SHIFT4_4 ... rom_SHIFT4.

It took some tinkering to get the driver to work (I got useful help here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVXCnMZxrRg and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71YAIw7_-kg, but it seems to function properly:

But as I said, now the phone is unresponsive as a brick :shock:

I have tried to flash it again with different wires, different computers and so on, but it does not seem to change anything.

Now, using the flash tool, I have found two errors. I have very little idea what they mean, but could the explain the problem?

When performing a memory test, the phone passes the RAM test, but when running the EMMC test with the option "Dedicated Pattern Test" selected, I get this error message:

(continued)

Anhänge

• download_ok.png
    download_ok.png
    80,4 KB · Aufrufe: 422
  • downloading_flash.png
    downloading_flash.png
    70,6 KB · Aufrufe: 422
  • error_EMMC test.png
    error_EMMC test.png
    101,8 KB · Aufrufe: 421
And, when trying to download with the "Firmware upgrade" option selected, I get this:

Any hints, suggestions or even well-tested solutions for this?

Regards,

Peter, Denmark

Anhänge

• failed_to_get_pmt_info.png
    failed_to_get_pmt_info.png
    77,7 KB · Aufrufe: 422
Try to format it under the register format. Then do it again with format all + download. Maybe you have to try it more than one time. Try it with battery and without. Another way is, put the battery in, take the battery out and than connect with the computer.
The error messages don't show the problem. PMT means partition master table, but if you flash with format+download all or with firmware upgrade, the PMT will be written new.
There could be some broken parts at the mainboard, but first try the other possibilities.

detlefr post_id=8847 time=1510828502 user_id=58 schrieb:
Try to format it under the register format. Then do it again with format all + download.

Do you mean this?

Anhänge

• format.png
    format.png
    27,6 KB · Aufrufe: 402
Trying to format produces this error message:

Anhänge

• format_error.png
    format_error.png
    44,1 KB · Aufrufe: 393
Please send a message at support@shiftphones.com. You will get a paper to return it for repair. Then they could check where the problem is and repair it.

detlefr post_id=8859 time=1510866793 user_id=58 schrieb:
Please send a message at support@shiftphones.com. You will get a paper to return it for repair. Then they could check where the problem is and repair it.

I've already done that. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Peter