Phone crashes periodically and will no longer flash - what to do?

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

pwesth

Original poster
11 November 2017
Sorry for writing in english. I read german, but I'm out of practice writing it.

For a few days, my 4.2 has been crashing periodically. Typically while playing music, taking a photo, writing an email or using some other app. The screen freezes, and then blacks out after a minute or so. Removing the battery and rebooting has worked. Often, it optimizes the apps before starting, which takes 10-15 minutes, but then everything is working. After a while, however - fifteen minutes, an hour - it crashes again.

I tried a factory reset, but the error soon recurred.

I then tried flashing the phone (format all + download). The process went smoothly, and the phone booted perfectly. But after an hour or two, it began crashing again. After a few cycles of crashing, it went into in infinite loop of booting and rebooting.

After flashing it again this morning, I decided not to install any apps, in case that might be a factor. But it crashed again.

My last attempt at flashing failed for some reason, and now the phone is unresponsive.

Background: The phone is not rooted. It is beyond the 1-year warranty. There is a crack in the screen, though it hasn’t appeared to affect its function. Also, for a while the phone has been very sensitive to even slight shocks, such as being put on a table. In these situations, the phone shuts down abruptly and must be rebooted. So, I figure there could be some loose connection.

Any tricks I haven't tried?

Regards,

Peter Westh,
Denmark

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.