Wifi and Bluetooth not working at all. GPS accuracy extremely poor.

Gilles Bonnet

Original poster
2 August 2018
Since a few days the wifi and bluetooth are not working at all. I can not turn them on at all. The first two days it was randomly working for an hour or so, and since then it completely stopped working. I have also noticed that the GPS accuracy is now extremely poor: on the map it shows my position almost a km away from my actual position!
Because of the timing I assume that these three problems are linked.
I have a Shift6m and the OS is up to date (ShiftOS 1.2 G). What can I do?

Could be due to a multitude of reasons.
Maybe the module is defect! WiFi and Bluetooth (maybe also GPS) share the same. In this case it might be wise to contact support directly.
Another possibility is a loose contact connecting the module with the mainboard. On YouTube there should be instructions on how to disassemble the phone.
Or some weird WiFi or Bluetooth device respectively connection. So trying to delete the configured devices one by one or resetting all WiFi and Bluetooth settings (I don't own the exact device and I am not sure about the English terms but it should be somewhere under Settings -> System -> Reset -> Reset network settings) might help.

Here in the forum are already a few threads about the same issue which may contain additional tips. Unfortunately they are most likely in German.

Thank you very much @danielp.
In this case it might be wise to contact support directly.
I followed up your advise and just sent them an email. Let see what they say.
Another possibility is a loose contact connecting the module with the mainboard. On YouTube there should be instructions on how to disassemble the phone.
That was actually my first guess. I had several times problem with my camera and it turned out that i "only" needed to open the phone and push the camera module back in the correct position. I opened the device (as if I would want to replace the camera for example) to check if I could see something disconnected, but I could not see anything wrong. But I also have no idea which is the wifi/bluetooth module. Also they might be less accessible then the camera .
So trying to delete the configured devices one by one or resetting all WiFi and Bluetooth settings (I don't own the exact device and I am not sure about the English terms but it should be somewhere under Settings -> System -> Reset -> Reset network settings) might help.
I gave it a try but it did not help.
Here in the forum are already a few threads about the same issue which may contain additional tips. Unfortunately they are most likely in German.
I did not manage (yet) to find something closely related. But since for my search I always need to pass through google translate, I am not searching very efficiently. In case someone would point me to a specific discussion that could be useful.

Anyway, thanks again for your contribution.
Best
Gilles

Reaktionen: danielp
Quick results, don't know if they are helpful:

Also it may be worth checking the support pages for information.