Charger for the Shift 6mq?

Darkijah

Banned
Original poster
22 Oktober 2020
Danmark
So been reading here and there, and really I don't understand myself so much on all this nonsense. Give me a battery charger any day and what do I need fast charging for? Well, at least less important. Like if you are hiking on hostels, it is much better to have a Battery laying around charging, then a expensive mobile for charging. And at home, it is just easier to flip the battery out and in with a new. Takes like 5-10 seconds on a LG V20, they really made a nice system for the back cover I must say, latest for 4-5 years and still going strong. Although had to clean it out once to make it work again, and had some minor bigger unofficial batteries that needed to modify things a little. But overall, it has worked very very nicely.

The Shift 6mq has a plastic cover, I'm not sure it will be as smooth for exchanging battery as my old LG V20 but looking forward to trying it out. Really if the Shift needs some ideas for a back cover for a future phone the LG V20 back cover might be a thing to take a look at. But with that said, I still have not tried there system out yet, as I don't have the mobile yet. But that should not be long. Sadly not much English Material and maybe I can help a little on that and give it some spotlight :)

Also I wanna have a Law that makes it illegal to sell phones if it is not possible for the user to change battery and other digital equipment. In any case, lets get to the topic. So I've been reading here and there about chargers. Apparently they suggest a minimum charger with 2 Amps, I have 3 Chargers that does 1.8 Amps QC something form LG, also I have one from Huawei quick charge 2A, which was the one that burned off my quick Charging ability in my LG V20, it got seriously hot using the charger and apparently broke something in it. But my 2 outside Battery chargers saved me on that account but apparently one have to be careful of chargers. I read something that if the Mobile don't uses it all, it will become heat in replacement - although not sure how it overall works.

Anyway, so the Shift 6mq suppports QC4 and PD3 or something of that nature. So I've been looking around, and these are the options I seem to be able to find of likely good options, Shiftphones seemed to suggest Anker as well.

First Anker:

Second Anker: https://mackabler.dk/anker-2-port-u...RN2diBOZM6OM1fe8Vk-mWqXnKoqRL5FQaApZLEALw_wcB

Third hoco, although don't know where to order it in Europe, but it supports QC3: https://hocotech.com/news/hoco-c12q-smart-wall-charger/

These are the 3 options I found, there was a nice travel charger product from Anker but only with the US Plug.... Found it: https://www.anker.com/products/variant/anker-45w-ultraslim-fast-charger/A2617111
Sadly this charger seems to only be for the US plug, no idea why they would not make it with the EU plug but I think it was based on the same Technology as the Anker Ultra Compact model, just in a flat form for travel and easy page and protection of the plug itself. Would have been nice, but apparently I can't seem to find a EU plug.

That's all, come with your own ideas and thoughts, maybe you guys have already tested some :) I'm thinking of justgetting the Anker ultra compact and then try my other older chargers out and see how it goes when I get my Shift freedom mobile! :)

If you write German, no problem - I can translate it :)

Dearly Regards
- Darkijah

A final note, if there are some issues with the text, I blame Google who seemingly seems to do auto edit while writing!

I guess maybe one could order an US to EU converter, they don't look to big - and if one ever goes to the US or where ever they uses does plugs one can use it... but... Well... I guess it might be to new for them to have made a model for Europe or maybe they just skipped us. :/

But in any case, if that would be the choice, one could buy a small converter and it should still be easy to have along on the travels. I would think: https://www.google.com/search?q=US+...XozIUKHcr0AT8Q_AUoAXoECBkQAw&biw=1024&bih=667

Thinking about it...
Maybe the Chargers I've found are overkill for the phone, I really don't know what it can handle overall....

Most of us I would think would like small and fastest charge, like as long as we don't have battery chargers outside the phone, at least it would be nice to quickly charge some spare batteries with the mobile itself.

Off topic but I can highly recommend deepl.com as a translator. ;)
Ich schätze, ich habe in diesem Thema nicht auf Deutsch geschrieben, ich habe gerade das Ladegerät Nummer 1 bestellt, also habe ich etwas zum Testen, wenn ich die 6mq bekomme, werde ich sehen, wie es läuft, und hoffentlich werden andere Informationen über die Ladezeiten herausgeben.

I guess I did not write in German in this topic, I just ordered the number 1 charger, so I have something to test when I get the 6mq, I'll see how it goes and hopefully others will put out information on there times of charging.

-

Übrigens, ihr Deutschen lernt wirklich überhaupt kein Englisch? Es ist wirklich eine Überraschung, denn wir in Dänemark haben es als eine eher standardmäßige Sache, aber es scheint, dass die meisten Deutschen nichts davon lernen.

By the way you Germans really don't learn any English at all? It really is a surprise as we in Denmark have it as a more standard thing yet it seems most Germans have zero learning of it.

By the way you Germans really don't learn any English at all? It really is a surprise as we in Denmark have it as a more standard thing yet it seems most Germans have zero learning of it.
I wouldn't say that. We learn English and I think especially the younger generation speaks and writes well in English. But we probably only do it when we really have to ;)

And since almost all the posts in the forum are in German, it will certainly be easier to get answers from other forumists if the posts are also in German. Hence the reference to the great translation service deepl.

But of course I am pleased that Danes are also interested in Shiftphones!

But to come back to the subject:
Also I wanna have a Law that makes it illegal to sell phones if it is not possible for the user to change battery and other digital equipment. In any case, lets get to the topic. So I've been reading here and there about chargers.
Totally agree!

Shift indicates that we should use a charger of at least 2A to allow fast charging. Unfortunately there were no further details so far. I am therefore buying a QC4 charger that matches the processor. Otherwise I will charge the device anyway mostly very weakly to save the battery (on the USB of a computer the battery will certainly not get too hot).

Ich habe das kleine Ladegerät bei Anker bestellt, ich denke, es sollte die Aufgabe erfüllen. Haben Sie ein anderes Ladegerät, das die Aufgabe auch erfüllen könnte, aber haben Sie wenigstens einige Optionen zum Ausprobieren, jetzt, da ich kein Batterieladegerät mehr habe, was für mich etwas ärgerlich werden könnte. Aber damit werde ich einfach leben müssen, solange Shift keins herstellt, was sie meiner Meinung nach tun sollten :) Als ob es eine kleine Sache wäre, aber dennoch so hilfreich.

I ordered the small charger from Anker, I think it should do the job. Have another charger that might do the job as well, but at least have some options to try out now that I don't have a Battery chargers anymore which might become somewhat annoying for me. But that's just something I'll have to live with, as long as Shift don't make one, which I think they should :) Like it is a small thing, but yet so helpful.